WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR YOUR FIRST VISIT
A patient history form must be filled out by all NEW patients.
Click below to download and print yours.
Remember to bring with you to your initial appointment.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOU APPOINTMENT
1. Upon arrival please check in a the front desk of the PAHC with your health card, make your way downstairs either by elevator or staircase and have a seat in waiting room.
2. If you do not get called within 45 minutes of having a seat please see a staff member.
3. Depending on what your eye condition is the first step of your appointment will be to have your preliminary eye testing done by our staff. The amount of time it takes for this testing varies. You may or may not receive dilating eye drops depending again on your eye condition.
4. Once you have completed all testing you will see the doctor who will perform an examination.
5. Based on his findings your doctor will give you a slip of paper to take to our Appointment secretaries outlining when to book your next appointment for and what preliminary tests he would like performed at that time.
6. Once your next appointment is booked you are free to go.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU BRING SUNGLASSES AND HAVE SOMEONE DRIVE YOU IN CASE YOUR PUPILS NEED TO BE DILATED FOR YOUR INITIAL EXAMINATION.
HOW LONG WILL MY APPOINTMENT TAKE?
For your initial visit please expect that your entire appointment can take from 2-3 hours depending on what preliminary testing is required. The dilation of your pupils also requires time.
Be prepared, bring drinks and/or snacks and a book to read or music to listen through headphones.
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR OPHTHALMOLOGISTS SERVE ALL OF NORTHWESTERN ONTARIO.
WE DO OUR BEST TO SEE EACH AND EVERY PATIENT THAT NEEDS TO BE SEEN. IN DOING SO WAIT TIMES ARE THE ABOVE MENTIONED 2-3 HOURS.